1/3 Photos of Delicious Apple Slice
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from Super Food Ideas and the DH asked me to save to here to give it a try to see if he would like. The recipe called for a 425 gram can of apples but the DH has asked me to make it with Granny Smith apples so will allow for 4 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced. Preparation time does not include cooling time. Serving size will depend upon on how many pieces you with to eat at one serve, would also be a good lunch box treat. I made this yesterday and had some issues with, I used freshly sliced apples which had a total weight of 470 grams but found there was not enough mix of the dough and had to make a half portion so I would have enough to adequately cover the top of the slice, I have changed the recipe to reflect this and even after doing that it was difficult to spread it over the fresh apples but the DH was pleased with the result so have changed the recipe to reflect how I made it, though he decided to cut it into 10 pieces, instead of the 20 recommended by Super Food Ideas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced.
- 2Grease an 18cm x 28cm slice pan.
- 3Peel, core and slice apples.
- 4Mix together extra sugar and cinnamon and toss through the sliced apples.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy and then add eggs, 1 at time, beating well after each addition and then stir in flour, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- 6Press half the dough over the base of prepared pan and then top evenly with the apples.
- 7Spoon remaining dough over apple layer, then carefully spread with the back of a spoon or with fingers to cover evenly.
- 8Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden and firm.
- 9Cool in pan, cut into squares and serve with double cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Apple Slice
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.3
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 217.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: