Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Crisp and delicious. I use cortland apples, but a mixture of apples is good too. I also use splenda, every calorie counts! Can easily be doubled.
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar or 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- Spray 9 x 9 pan with non-stick spray, mound apples in pan and pour orange juice over them.
- Combine sugar, flour spices and salt; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees F.
- for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.