Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not a big fan of cheese balls but my stepmother won me over with this version that she makes. Full of flavor and sooooo easy to make I feel guilty when people rave about it.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 ounces dried beef
- 1 (7 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 ounces of shelled pecan pieces
- Dice the dried beef into tiny pieces. Put aside.
- Combine the dressing mix into the softened cream cheese with a fork.
- Add the dried beef pieces to the cream cheese mixture and mix together.
- Form into one ball.
- Roll the ball into the pecan pieces to coat, and place on a plate.
- Refrigerate at least one hour then serve. Be sure to keep it wrapped in plastic wrap when not served. It will last days!
Delicious! I whipped this up to share with a friend who was going through a sad time - I think it even cheered her up a bit! I did split it in half, making 2; one to share and one to enjoy myself! Don't tell! This was easy, a little different than most of these type recipes and I usually have the ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing, Patty-cake!