Recipe by Kate DeMello
This is my mom's recipe, and no other will do. I have never had such great stuffing until I had this stuffing. It's super easy, and it's a must in our home for turkey dinners. Try it, you'll love it!
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can gravy (you can use chicken, turkey, whatever compliments your meal)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 1⁄4 ounces onion soup mix
- 12 ounces ground sausage (I use Jimmy Dean "BOLD")
- 2 celery ribs (optional)
- 14 ounces of your favorite seasoned stuffing mix (one big bag)
Directions See How It's Made
- brown the sausage in a large pot. If desired, add chopped celery with the browning meat.
- once the sausage is browned, add the onion soup mix and stir well.
- Add the can of gravy and another can (or so) of water.
- Add the stuffing mix and stir well.
- Bake, only if desired, in a pan covered loosely with aluminum foil.