Recipe by -------
This is a very delicious Italian garlic bread that goes great with everything!
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled this back to half a recipe for 4 of us allowing 2 slices each with our pizza and a side salad and used freshed herbs so tripled the amount in the recipe and melted the butter and herbs in the microwave and slathered on the bread slices (still did not use it all up, so froze the left overs for later) and proceded with the recipe for a delightful crunchy bread with lots of herby flavour though one word or warning if you don't like parmesan use another cheese (was wishing I had done with the DH but sorry he hated it but because of the parmesan which he does not like but in the rush forgot to put on some cheddar in his). thank you for a lovely recipe, made for Bargain Basement Game.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 large loaf French bread or 1 large Italian bread
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in small saucepan and warm over low heat until butter is melted.
- Slice bread.
- GENEROUSLY brush herbed butter on each slice.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Place in very hot oven or broiler for a few minutes until slightly browned.