Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This banana bread is so delicious. We make muffins out of the batter to enjoy with a nice hot cup of coffee. The one t of salt is not a mistake, but you can adjust it as you wish.
Top Review by stephaniejmurphy9
This recipe is horrible. It doesn't call for eggs and the muffins turn out dense and dry. Do not believe the ratings!! It's my own fault for only looking at the ratings and not doing my research. Waste of a batch!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add melted butter, salt and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add flour.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- For Muffins:.
- Put batter into 12 standard muffin cups/muffin tin.
- Bake muffins at 375 for 10-15 minutes.