Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This banana bread is so delicious. We make muffins out of the batter to enjoy with a nice hot cup of coffee. The one t of salt is not a mistake, but you can adjust it as you wish.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- Mix mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add melted butter, salt and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Add flour.
- Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan.
- Smooth the top.
- Bake in 350 oven for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- For Muffins:.
- Put batter into 12 standard muffin cups/muffin tin.
- Bake muffins at 375 for 10-15 minutes.
This recipe is horrible. It doesn't call for eggs and the muffins turn out dense and dry. Do not believe the ratings!! It's my own fault for only looking at the ratings and not doing my research. Waste of a batch!
I've never really baked before (except box brownies or the like) and I have to say, this was the easiest thing to make. I made the muffins, and they turned out amazing. I will hold onto this recipe. It needs no modifications!
This was amazingly simple and delicious. I made two small loafs of bread . I couldn't believe there were no eggs, I kept checking to be sure I had it right. I used self-rising flour instead of all purpose and baking powder, I do this all the time because I don't bake often and my baking powder always losses its power. I greased and floured the pans. Instead of pouring butter on top I sprinkled sugar and cinnamon mixed. It was great! Thank you so much for this recipe. It is a real keeper. Preheat oven bake 350 degrees for 1 hr.