Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Lovingly referred to as "Cool Sauce" by my boyfriend...I get a request to make this at least once a week! I am not one for measuring, so the amounts are estimates! And the more garlic the better!!!!
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 onion, coarsly chopped
- 5 -6 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in skillet with flour.
- Add onion and sautee under tender, add garlic and sautee an additional minute.
- Add heavy cream and cheese, bring to a light boil.
- Add salt & pepper and simmer for 3-5 minutes until desired thickness.
- Add to your favorite pasta and serve immediately.
- Chicken and/or shrimp are a great addition to this sauce with your pasta!