Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
With this Chai recipe, you are preparing a chai-spiced flavored milk to add to your individual cup of tea. It's delicious, time-saving, and perfect if you want one or two cups at a time instead of a large batch of chai. Fresh grind whole spices for a much better result. I use a morter and pestle for everything but the cinnamon which I do purchase ground because I find it tough to grind at home.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper (I usually double this amount, personally)
- Place milk and spices into a very clean jar, shake to mix and chill.
- Let set for 24 hours for optimum flavor, though I have used it immediately because I was impatient.
- The longer it sits, the stronger the flavors get, and it will last for a few weeks in the fridge.
- Use 2-3 Tablespoons per cup with your favorite tea and sweeten with your favorite sweetener. I'm partial to green tea and honey myself.
I was surprised at how close this was to the real thing. I love Chai Tea so I just had to try this one! I chose to use this as a coffee creamer so I added a few Tbsp. of sugar to sweeten it and left out the pepper. I'd like to try Honey as a sweetner next time and try this in green tea as suggested. I liked it and would make this again. Thank's again for posting!