1/2 Photos of Delicious Acorn Squash Soup
This is a delicious thick creamy rich soup with a lovely yellow colour, perfect for those cool fall and cold winter nights. You can adjust the dill, cayenne and curry to taste and this recipe can easily be doubled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1 large celery
- 3 tablespoons butter (for vegetarian use olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (can use more to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream (can use evaporated milk)
- 3 cups mashed cooked acorn squash
- salt and pepper
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (can use more)
- crouton (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, saute the onion with garlic (if using) and celery in butter.
- 2Stir in flour, bouillon powder, dill, curry and cayenne until blended.
- 3Gradually add broth and cream, bring to a light boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the squash, then season with salt and lots black pepper; cook, stirring until heated through.
- 5In a blender carefully process the soup in batches until smooth.
- 6Pour into bowls; garnish with bacon and croutons.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious Acorn Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.9
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.2 mg
- Sodium 570.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g