This is my "go to" recipe when I'm hungry for this delicious 7 layer salad. I got the recipe from a friend of mine 15 years ago. You have to let it sit overnight to come together, so prepare the day before. Give it a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Cooking time is refrigeration over night.
- Place in a clear glass dish in order given.
- Break lettuce into small pieces and put in the bottom of the dish.
- Top with chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped bell pepper, and LeSeur Peas.
- Mix together 1 1/2 C mayonnaise with 2 TBLS sugar.
- Spread Mayonaise mixture over the peas.
- Sprinkle with 1 TBLS sugar.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon bits.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.