Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Moist and delicious every time, this beef pot roast is done to perfection without much effort at all!
- 24 hours prior to meal time, trim fat off the roast, rub with salt and pepper and sear all sides in a hot frying pan with the olive oil.
- Place in crock pot, cover with entire can of french onion soup.
- Set on Low, leave to cook overnight.
- About 6-7 hours prior to mealtime, add baby carrots.
- About 3 hours prior to mealtime, add red potatoes.
- About 15 minutes before mealtime, turn off crock pot and remove meat and vegetables to serving platter and cover with foil.
- Pour liquid into a 2 quart sauce pot and heat on medium.
- Add 1/2 cup low fat milk and stir.
- Add cornstarch to 1/4 cup of cold water, mix well, then add slowly to boiling liquid until desired consistency is reached. Pour into gravy dish or bowl and serve with platter.