Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
this is good with cherry preserves or your favorite preserves..I change each time I make this delicious cake..
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 5 ounces finely chopped white chocolate
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 8 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- maraschino cherry, for garnish
- 1 ounce whilte chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*.Cut waxed paper circles to fit the bottoms of three 9" round cake pans. Grease bottoms and sides of pans. Line with waxed paper circles.
- to prepare CAKE:.
- combine cake mix, pudding mix, egg whites, water and oil in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Fold in chopped white chocolate. Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350* for 18-22 minutes.
- Invert onto cooling rack.s.
- Peel off waxed paper. Cool completely.
- to prepare FILLING:.
- combine cherry preserves and food coloring, if desired. Stir to blend.
- to prepare FROSTING:.
- beat whipping cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar gradually. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- to assemble: place one cake layer on serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup cherry preserves over cake.
- Place second cake layer on top.Spread with remaining preserves. Place third cake layer on top.
- Frost sides and top of cake with whipped cream. Decorate with maraschino cherries and white chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- to make white chocolate shavings, use sharp vegetable peeler to slices across square of chocolate.