Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lifght & tender sugar cookies with sparkly sugared tops.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mazola corn oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- gourmet sanding sugar
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In large mixing bowl combine sugars, butter, eggs, vanilla and oil.
- Beat until very light and fluffy; at least 5 - 10 minutes on high speed.
- Stir in dry ingredients until well blended.
- Chill for about 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inches balls and flatten slightly with glass dipped in sanding sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Cool on rack and store in tins.