Recipe by Kerena
Can't remember what magazine I got this from but they are absolutely yummy! Times do not include chilling or time setting up.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in mint. Shape into two 8" rolls; wrap each in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4" slices. Place 1" apart on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
- In microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper to harden.