Recipe by tweetyfan
Notice that there is no leavening in the recipe—the carbonated soda does the job!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ What a subtle taste there is to this pound cake! Easy to put together, too! Instead of dusting with powdered sugar, when it was served, I topped each slice with about one tablespoon of lemon curd & then a very little dusting with the sugar! It was great! Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; stir in extracts.
- Add flour alternately with soda, beating just until combined.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan (pan will be full).
- Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.