Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
A delicate hint of cinnamon gives this cake its identity. This one is a hit at family reunions. Everyone always wants the recipe.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -3 tablespoon very warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10" Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, cocoa, cinnamon, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed w/ electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- While cooling, prepare chocolate glaze: Melt butter in saucepan then gradually stir in the powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time, until desired consistency of glaze is achieved.
- Drizzle over cake when done.