1/2 Photos of Deli Style Pepperoni Rolls
4 hrs 20 mins
Chef #182037's Note:
This is a recipe I remember my mom making over the summer when we were kids. She'd make the sandwiches the day before and let them muddle over night in the fridge. They were great to take to the beach or on picnics. You have to let them set for a few hours or you will not enjoy them as much! This was originally in the Press of Atlantic City in 1986. I always use freshly shredded carrots. Don't be tempted to buy the preshredded carrots, they are much more coarse and don't work well. Being near Philadelphia we use good sub rolls with a sturdy crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced sandwich style pepperoni
- 2 ounces provolone cheese or 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lettuce or 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves, coarsley shredded
- 2/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly shredded radish
- 1/4 . c. red onion, diced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup prepared red wine, and vinegar dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 long sub rolls
- 1Cut pepperoni slices into strips.
- 2Combine pepperoni, cheese, lettuce, carrot, radishes, red onion and tomatoes in a large bowl. Blend together dressing and mustard. Pour over pepperoni mixture. Mix well.
- 3Cut the end off of each roll. Hollow out the roll leaving a roll shell. (you can reserve the centers for bread crumbs).
- 4Divide pepperoni mixture evenly among the rolls. Replace tops. Wrap well and refrigerate several hours.
- 5Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Deli Style Pepperoni Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.5
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 1042.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 17.2 g