Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came across this recipe on Allrecipes.com (courtesy of Dayna)years ago. I have tweaked it a little. Sometimes I use feta cheese istead of asiago, and I use cherry tomatoes instead of regular ones. Make ahead of time for potlucks, barbeques and such. Don't let the long list of ingredients turn you off- this recipe is a breeze!
- 16 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, diced
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, diced
- 1⁄2 lb asiago cheese, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta, drain, and rinse.
- In large bowl combine pasta, salami, pepperoni, asiago cheese, olives, peppers, dry italian dressing mix, and tomatoes.
- Mix together in small bowl olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, and parmesan cheese.
- Poor olive oil mixture over salad, toss well. Refridgerate at least one hour before serving.
I enjoyed this salad. I ended up using summer sausage, as that is what I had on hand, but otherwise I made as written. This had a good flavor, but I do think that the dressing amount might need to change. My salad was very dry after giving the salad time to sit, so I ended up using a bottled balsamic dressing to moisten the salad. I will be making this again though, using the lessons I learned from this time around.