Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This keeps for several days and is better as each day passes. Wonderful for weekend guests, potluck or a picnic.
- 1 (16 ounce) package tri-color spiral pasta
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and julienned
- 8 ounces sliced salami, julienned
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 (5 3/4 ounce) jar stuffed olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, tomatoes, salami, cheese, onion, olives and Parmesan cheese.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
I gave this 5 stars. My mom makes this and it taste just like deli pasta salad. She makes hers slightly different using a few different ingredients. My mom uses sliced pepperoni, sliced in half black olives, chunked sharp cheddar. She does not use tomatoes, or onions. I've added a few other ingredients to the pasta salad after having them in a pasta salad from a restaurant. I added the tomatoes, sliced mushrooms & broccoli. I also like to use half the dressing the day I make the salad then the rest the next day. I gently fold the salad 2 times each day so the pasta and veggies don't dry out. As a time saver I buy the presliced pepperoni. Thanks for posting a yummy recipe! Christine (internetnut)
I made this for a camping trip and it survived quite well in a gallon sized ziploc. I substituted sliced turkey pepperoni for the salami and herbed feta for the provolone. I think I'd use provolone next time as the feta and the pepperoni may have been too strong together. I'll try this again soon the right way.
I make a version of this and is a family favorite! I substitute sliced pepperoni for the salami and add a drained can of artichoke hearts. Sometimes I replace the provolone cheese with feta, depending on what's in the fridge. It is so yummy!