- 4 -6 lbs beef brisket
- 5 tablespoons tender quick, mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim surface of fat from brisket. In a small bowl, mix Tender Quick mix, remaining ingredients and spices. Rub mixture into all sides of brisket. Place brisket in plastic bag and tie end securely. Refrigerate and allow to cure 5 days per inch of meat thickness.
- Place brisket in Dutch oven. Add water to cover. Bring to boil; reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 3-4 hours.