Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This one is a big favorite in our house. Makes a great gravy -- perfect for sopping up with a hunk of rye bread!
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Place brisket fat side up into slow cooker, sprinkle garlic powder on top and rub ketchup generously into brisket.
- Add onion slices all around and on top of meat, add enough water to coat the bottom of the cooker.
- Cook on low, all day, for the most tender brisket you will ever eat.
- For gravy, remove brisket and turn thermostat to high.
- Mix flour with 1/4 cup water, add to pot and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
just like mama used to make! this is great in the crockpot, 5 minutes of prep, i let it cook for 10 hrs on low, which was actually too long, so we just shredded it added the gravy and it was delicious. some of the kids put it on hamburger rolls, we ate it with french bread. thanks mirj
Since there are but two of us at home, we used a 2.5 lb. brisket and adjusted the other ingredients accordingly. Seriously yummy!
Very good and easy to make.