Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this last night and loved it! Fully-loaded flavour and very filling - won't even occur to you that it is meatless. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 baguette
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red sweet bell pepper
- spinach, chopped (I used a frozen package)
- swiss cheese, thin slices (Emanthal)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated from the cheese, counter is best
- fresh chives, torn
- fresh tarragon, torn
- fresh thyme, torn
- fresh garlic, minced
- butter or olive oil
- olive oil
- Julienne peppers and saute in olive oil on high heat only until edges appear grilled. Add the herbs and toss for a minute or two before removing from heat. Peppers should remain reasonably firm.
- Saute spinach to heat it and remove excess moisture through evaporation.
- Cut baguette into 2 or 3 pieces depending on how many sandwiches you are making. Slice each piece in half and use either the butter or olive oil & the garlic to prepare all the pieces of the bread as though you were going to make garlic bread. Place all bread halves on a baking sheet.
- On one half of each sandwich pile on some of the peppers & herbs and top with a generous amount of parmasean cheese.
- On the other half of each sandwich pile on some spinach and top with slices of Swiss cheese.
- Broil in the oven until the cheese melts.
- Remove from the oven and put each sandwich together.
As soon as I saw this I ran into the kitchen and made one. I didn't have a baguette so I used a portuegese roll I had. I also added some red pepper flakes and put some mushroom in it but it was delicious!