Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have a George Foreman rotisserie and love the way everything comes out of it. This recipe makes the chicken juicy and skin crispy. Does not include marinade time.
- 4 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- olive oil
- Remove the giblets from chicken and discard.
- Wash chicken inside and out, drying with paper towels.
- Rub chicken with a little olive oil.
- Tie wings and legs with cooking twine.
- Mix all the spices together well.
- Rub all over chicken.
- Place on plate and wrap with saran.
- Put in fridge 4-24 hrs., the longer the better.
- Put chicken onto rotisserie bar.
- Set timer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Chicken is done at 160 and no longer pink.
Love-Love-Love this! No more grocery store rotisserie chickens for us. This is now a Monday routine. We have chicken to snack on, chicken sandwiches for lunch and whatever is left in a couple days makes a delicious chicken salad.
This was the first recipe I tried on my Showtime Rotisserie. Based on instructions for the Showtime Rotisserie, I set the timer for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the 4 lb. chicken. That timing was fine. I liked these seasonings very much.
I don't have a rotisserie so I baked mine in the oven. I used this recipe for the spices -- it looked like a combo of what I was looking for and it was. It was very good. Thanks for giving me another choice for chicken!