Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tired of plain lunchmeat and bread? Try this terrific, easy to make deli roll. This is a staple at our house whenever we have company or whenever my teenage son is hungry! He likes it so much he even makes it himself!
- 1 (1 lb) package puff pastry sheet
- 1 cup roasted bell pepper hummus
- 18 slices bologna or 18 slices salami or 18 slices turkey, etc, plus another kind of lunchmeat
- 18 slices bologna or 18 slices salami or 18 slices turkey, etc
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
for each roll
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds or 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Defrost pastry puff sheets, using rolling pin, gently roll 1 sheet out just to smooth the creases. With long side in front of you, smear ½ cup chummous over 2/3’s of the sheet, leaving about ½ inch clear on the sides and right in front of you.
- Layer 9 slices first lunchmeat on the chummous, layer second lunchmeat over that.
- Gently but tightly, starting with the side closest to you, roll the pastry sheet up.
- Pinch and tuck in both ends. Place on parchment lined cookie sheet, cut end down.
- Repeat with second sheet and rest of the chummous and deli meat.
- Lightly brush egg wash over all of the deli roll, slash on the diagonal 3 times each roll. Sprinkle seeds over top.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- These can be cut into thin slices for an appetizer (along-side spicy mustard) or cut into 3 inch pieces and served as part of a light meal. These can be served hot or room temperature.