Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In-a-hurry-Pimento-Cheese starts with the Deli!
- 1 (14 ounce) containerof deli homestyle pimento cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon dry garlic & herb salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In medium bowl,mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve with crackers, sandwich bread, French bread, or chips.
I liked the idea of jazzing up deli purchased pimento cheese but felt like the celery overwhelmed it. I'll try it again but without the celery.
This has a very nice flavor. I think the onion and celery added more liquid than I had anticipated. I wanted to use it as a spread, but ended up using it as a dip. It wasn't a problem....just a surprise. Thanks for posting.
This is an outstanding recipe. A great way to "adult" up pimento cheese. I used Pimento Cheese Spread (My mom's recipe) for my pimento cheese and then added the extras as stated I also used several dashes of hot sauce. DH loved it.