Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this recipe in a magazine, but it was so long ago that I don't remember which one.
Make and share this Deli Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 lb hard salami, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 lb smoked provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup black olives, sliced (I usually cheat and use a 4 oz can of sliced olives)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Mix ingredients for dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook and drain pasta.
- Toss with 1/4 cup dressing.
- Add remaining ingredients to dressing in bowl and mix.
- Combine with pasta and chill before serving.
I love love love this pastas salad. There is a deli in my town that used to sell my favorite pasta salad almost identical to this and I was so sad when they closed. Now I can make it at home!
This was awesome! And I am very picky about pasta salads! I used regular provolone instead of the smoked and used ground mustard instead of Dijon because I don't like it. Turned out very very good! This tasted great! One of my favorite pasta salads of all time.
Very good. I made a few changes but that's what is so great about pasta salads - versatility! I used whole-wheat rotini, left out the black olives, cut the oil amount to a little over 1/3 cup, and added more parmesan. Very tasty!