Recipe by Starrynews
I saw some similar recipes on Kraft.com recipes that I drew ideas from and have been using it in a variety of ways since then. I love how flexible this can be, based on your preferences and what you have in your fridge. I am going to use our favorite way first in the ingredients, but definitely feel free to sub your favorite meats and cheeses - we do that all the time! Also - I usually use the long, oval-shaped slices of meat that I get from my local deli, but I know that they also sell small circular slices in the deli section, so if you get those, you may need a couple more slices to have enough meat.
- 24 sturdy round crackers, i.e. Ritz
- 6 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (cheddar, garlic and herb, swiss, or provolone are also delicious)
- 4 slices deli ham or 4 slices deli turkey or 4 slices salami, are great too
- 3 small plum tomatoes, cut into 8 thin slices each
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons mustard or 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce or 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- pickles (see final step) (optional) or olives (see final step) (optional) or chopped onion (see final step) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice cheese into 24 slices to fit on the crackers.
- Slice each piece of meat into six pieces and place on top of cheese and cracker.
- Add a piece of tomato to each cracker stack.
- Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with 1/4 t of your preferred condiment.
- Optionally, end with a little topping of your favorite sandwich add-on like pickles, olives, or chopped onion, on top of the condiment.