Recipe by Lori Mama
I used to have to make this salad when I worked in a german deli, only it was origanally made with potatoes. My kids absolutly love this recipe. It never lasts more than 2 days.
Top Review by mommyoffour
I made for salad for our 4th of July party and we liked it very much. I took the onion and dill pickle and ran it through the food processor for a bit. Then added the mayo and seasonings. I also all some chopped eggs and bacon bits. We loved the dressing for this salad. I'm used to the sweet dressing and this was a nice change of pace. Thank you for sharing with us.
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled under cold water
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 medium garlic dill pickles, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 cups mayo base salad dressing, to taste
- pickle juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cold cooked macaroni along with grated onion and pickle in a large mixing bowl.
- Add salt and pepper, mayo and enough pickle juice to moisten.
- Be carful with the juice, you don't want the dressing too runny.
- Add dill if you like and toss to coat.
- Cooking time included in prep.