Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great summer dish that pleases most everyone. You may substitute low fat products for an even healthier version.
- 4 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained (16 oz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 cups green bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot (I cut them like little match sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chpped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- You can rinse pasta with cold water to cool quickly.
- Meanwhile in large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cooled pasta and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
I liked this, my DH did not. What does he know anyway? It does remind me of the macaroni salad found in the supermarket or deli, but it does not have the artificial taste of a mass produced product. I would make this again.
Well I personally did not care for this. It was too tart for my taste and for the taste of those I served it to. I guess its name suits it because it reminded me of the salad you get in the tubs at the super market.(the prior review goes to show it's all a matter of personal taste) Thanks anyhow!!
I loved it!