Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
My family could eat this sandwich every day of the week! adjust all ingredients to taste, the sandwich needs to chill for 30 minutes or longer before slicing and serving, servings is estimated and prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by CookieMonster2323
Great deli sandwich! We skipped the horseradish and used green onion instead of red (both changes just for our own tastes) and the flavor combination was awesome! Thank you very much for the great recipe!
- 1 loaf French bread (unsliced) or 1 loaf Italian bread (unsliced)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup yellow mustard (French's is the best!)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (to taste)
- 3⁄4 lb sliced ham
- 3⁄4 lb smoked turkey
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, well
- black pepper, to taste drained
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the soft bread center, save or discard.
- In a bowl, combine mayo, yellow mustard, minced onion and horseradish.
- Spread mixture onto halves of bread.
- Layer the remaining ingredients on the bottom half of the bread.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Cover with the top half of bread, pressing gently with hands.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; chill for 30 minutes (or longer).
- Cut into thick slices, secure each slice with a long toothpick and serve.