Recipe by Kay14
I love this chicken enchilada recipe and if you used reduced fat cheese and wheat flour tortillas it becomes a healthier dinner. The best part is if you use a Deli chicken half the work is done for you because you don't have to worry about cooking the chicken and it always has such a great flavor to it!
Top Review by Lee_tah
Very easy and QUICK. I used coriander (cilantro) paste because every store I went to was out of the fresh stuff. And you will need TWO tomatoes for this recipe. I'm always looking for a way to use up leftover chicken and the rest of the ingredients are things that I keep in the cupboard. Thanks for a fantastic recipe.
- 12 sprigs fresh cilantro (rinsed)
- 1 small tomatoes (optional)
- 1 whole chilled deli rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 60 inches whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (with jalapeno, drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese (2% reduced fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop cilantro coarsely, place in medium bowl.
- Chop tomato finely; set aside.
- Remove meat of chicken from bones (discard skin and bones) and chop coarsely; add to cilantro (wash hands).
- Stir in beans and 1 can of the enchilada sauce.
- Spoon chicken mixture equally into center of tortillas.
- Roll tortillas around filling and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- Pour remaining can of enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle tomatoes, olives, and then cheese evenly over enchiladas.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Serve. (I usually offer sour cream to put on the side also).