Recipe by Stephsfanny
This recipe comes from the family restaurant (now closed) and the crust comes from Logan M. Be sure not to over bake--the center will set up and be magically delicious gooey-ness.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil (or shortening or other preferred fat)
- 4 -7 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, salt, coconut oil, and flour to create a crumbly mixture.
- Add cold water until a ball forms. Do NOT over mix.
- Press dough into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a spring form pan.
- Mix thoroughly eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, chopped pecans, sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- OPTIONAL: Top pie with pecan halves, forming several decorative concentric circles.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- NOTE: It will still be a little jiggly in the center if you shake the pan--this does not mean it isn't done. Do NOT over bake.
- Allow pie to cool completely before serving.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.