Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple snack that children and adults will enjoy. Indeed depending on their age, kids can either be helpers or make this on their own. Based on a recipe found in Everyday Food. This includes my modification to adapt it to our tastes.
- 44.37 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 14.79 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92-9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large tart apple, preferably Granny Smith
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese (I use a reduced fat variety)
- 113.39 g deli turkey, thinly sliced
- Mix together the yogurt, mayo and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside for dipping.
- Core the apple and cut into 16 uniform wedges.
- Slice the cheese into 16 equal sized wedges. The 2 inch square blocks of cheese work especially well for this.
- Cut the turkey into 16 1-inch strips.
- Start with a wedge of apple, top with cheese. Take the turkey ribbon and wrap around the little parcel. Repeat.
- Serve wedges and dip together.
this makes wonderful wrap I used Greek yogurt and only 1 teaspoon mustard, my DH really enjoyed these wraps, thanks Toni!
What a great snack! I am not a big fan of mustard, but I do like Dijon mustard and it works really well in this treat. I love the combination of the apple with the turkey and cheese. This is a keeper.
I loved the tart Granny Smith apple with the cheese and turkey! Didnt have plain yogurt so I used sour cream for the dip. This would be a great snack for kids or adults! Thank you toni!