Recipe by justcallmetoni
A simple snack that children and adults will enjoy. Indeed depending on their age, kids can either be helpers or make this on their own. Based on a recipe found in Everyday Food. This includes my modification to adapt it to our tastes.
- 44.37 ml plain nonfat yogurt
- 14.79 ml reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92-9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 large tart apple, preferably Granny Smith
- 113.39 g cheddar cheese (I use a reduced fat variety)
- 113.39 g deli turkey, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the yogurt, mayo and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside for dipping.
- Core the apple and cut into 16 uniform wedges.
- Slice the cheese into 16 equal sized wedges. The 2 inch square blocks of cheese work especially well for this.
- Cut the turkey into 16 1-inch strips.
- Start with a wedge of apple, top with cheese. Take the turkey ribbon and wrap around the little parcel. Repeat.
- Serve wedges and dip together.