Recipe by justcallmetoni
A simple snack that children and adults will enjoy. Indeed depending on their age, kids can either be helpers or make this on their own. Based on a recipe found in Everyday Food. This includes my modification to adapt it to our tastes.
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 -2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large tart apple, preferably Granny Smith
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (I use a reduced fat variety)
- 4 ounces deli turkey, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the yogurt, mayo and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside for dipping.
- Core the apple and cut into 16 uniform wedges.
- Slice the cheese into 16 equal sized wedges. The 2 inch square blocks of cheese work especially well for this.
- Cut the turkey into 16 1-inch strips.
- Start with a wedge of apple, top with cheese. Take the turkey ribbon and wrap around the little parcel. Repeat.
- Serve wedges and dip together.