1/1 Photo of Delectable Spicy, Sweet and Salty Tofu!
The title says it all really. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb firm tofu, chopped in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp. dried chili flakes)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/8 cup Braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped to garnish
- 1In a medium saucepan on medium high heat, saute the tofu in olive oil until browned.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Saute for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the maple syrup, Braggs, and lemon juice.
- 4Cover and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- 5Garnish with the roasted almonds. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delectable Spicy, Sweet and Salty Tofu!
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.4
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 22.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce
Braggs amino acids