Recipe by Sharon123
The title says it all really. Adapted from The Garden of Vegan cookbook.
Top Review by sad_luck_dame
Delicious. I first made this about two months ago, and have since made it at least 10 times (frequent requests)! We top it with chopped cashews and fresh cilantro, and serve with rice or potatoes.
- 1 lb firm tofu, chopped in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp. dried chili flakes)
- 1⁄8 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄8 cup Braggs amino acids (or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan on medium high heat, saute the tofu in olive oil until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, ginger, and chili sauce. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup, Braggs, and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook until the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with the roasted almonds. Enjoy!