Recipe by Anu
This is a fantastic yet unbelievably simple way to serve potatoes, with the onions lending their signature flavour. These potatoes go with anything... period. :)
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Anu, it was good. I found that using the juice of 1 lemon at the end i.e. just before serving, gave a nice touch to this delectable dish. I used 2 medium potatoes and 1 small+ 1 medium onion. It was wonderful this afternoon having this with hot puris! Thanks!
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, sliced vertically
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon split, split Urad Dal or 1⁄2 teaspoon split, split black gram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 curry leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (to garnish) or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- When the mustard begins to sputter, add the sliced green chilli, curry leaves, and chopped onions.
- Saute until the onions become translucent.
- Now add the boiled potatoes, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Stir well for a minute or so and switch off the burner.
- Garnish with corriander and serve immediately!