1/1 Photo of Delectable Potatoes-n-Onions
This is a fantastic yet unbelievably simple way to serve potatoes, with the onions lending their signature flavour. These potatoes go with anything... period. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green chili, sliced vertically
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon split, split Urad Dal or 1/2 teaspoon split, split black gram
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves (to garnish) or 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a skillet on a medium flame and add the mustard seeds and urad dal.
- 2When the mustard begins to sputter, add the sliced green chilli, curry leaves, and chopped onions.
- 3Saute until the onions become translucent.
- 4Now add the boiled potatoes, turmeric powder, and salt.
- 5Stir well for a minute or so and switch off the burner.
- 6Garnish with corriander and serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delectable Potatoes-n-Onions
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.7
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 320.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: