Recipe by dusty AE
This recipe uses pre cooked potato. It cuts well and can be served hot or cold. You can use a larger dish and make two layers of potatoes instead of three. I used an extra potato for a 21 x 27cm dish and used 300ml cream.
Top Review by MollyLin
This was a yummy recipe. I made a few additions for flavor, but it was easy to make and reheated very well. I just used a regular pie plate sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and it was perfect. I served it with green beans and sliced tomatoes for dinner and then reheated it for breakfast. Very adaptable.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1⁄2 medium onion, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 150 g ham, shaved
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool.
- Cut into 1cm slices.
- Line an 18cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Layer potatoes, onion, ham and cheese in tin (finish with a layer of cheese).
- Whisk remaining ingredients and pour over potatoes.
- Bake @ 180C for about 50 minutes or until set.