1/2 Photos of Delectable Morning Muffins
Created for RSC #13. These muffins are healthy, delicious, not very sweet, and the spices are just the right amounts. Can be eaten warm or cold. Great with butter and apricot jam!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, drained (put in a sieve over a bowl)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup oil (not olive)
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunk, chopped smaller (leave in a sieve over a bowl to drain but keep the juice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (not soda)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seed (or use 1 t ground)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1Grease a 12-hollow muffin pan with butter. Set oven at 350 deg F or 180 deg Celsius. If you have a convection (fan) oven it's better to use slightly lower heat.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whisk or beat very well together: the pumpkin, peanut butter, honey, oil and eggs. (If you grease the measuring spoon and cup with a little oil it is easier to measure and the peanut butter and honey will slide out).
- 3Mix the dry ingredients in a separate, large bowl, from the flour on down to the sugar, including the spices. Stir well.
- 4Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and fold in with a spatula or wooden spoon until just mixed and no dry bits remain. Fold in the chopped pineapple.
- 5(If you find the batter is too firm, add a little of the saved pineapple juice to the batter. However, the batter must be soft and sticky, but just firm enough to hold its shape).
- 6With a tablespoon, drop the batter into the greased muffin hollows. You can add heaped tablespoons slightly higher than the hollows. The batter will spread as it bakes.
- 7Bake for 23 - 25 minutes in the centre of the oven, until puffed and golden brown. Turn out on to wire rack to cool.
- 8Serving suggestion: you could mix cinnamon with confectioner's sugar and sift it over the muffins, OR simply serve as is, with butter and jam.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delectable Morning Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 399.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g