Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe comes from my grandmother who has always made tasty meatballs. I have been making them for a while now and my father goes crazy for them when I make them. I love them because the italian bread crumbs and the garlic makes them so tasty!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- 2 eggs
- Italian bread, soaked in warm water (Use as much or as little Italian bread as you want)
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- salt (optional)
- hot oil (, for frying)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef, garlic powder,italian bread crumbs, eggs, chopped garlic, ground black pepper and soaked italian bread (make sure you drain the water out of bread very well).
- Note: It's okay to add a little more or less on the bread crumbs.
- Also make sure that the bread is very soft before you mix it in.
- Mix all ingredients together well using hands.
- Make sure mixture is smooth.
- Preheat oil in large frying pan.
- Start rolling your meatballs (whatever size you want) I usually make them large.
- For Large meatballs about 5 to 8 minutes.
- When meatballs are done, take them out of hot oil and place on to paper toweled plate.
- Serve warm.
Thanks to your Grandma for a tasty meatball recipe. The garlic is a must Mmmm. After cooking the meatballs I added fresh tomatoes, Onions & mushrooms to the pan. A splash of Vermouth and some spicy Mrs Dash. Lovely dinner thank Sugar
I just loved these meatballs. I also added sweet basil and romano cheese to them.
These were wonderful tasting meatballs! I added them to some sauce and topped my speghetti with them, yumm! Thank You! Sugar