Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Good! From Chatelaine magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon bottled garlic, chopped or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan. Pour in water. Scrape up and stir in brown bits from pan bottom to flavor sauce.
- Stir in mustard, garlic, salt and Worcestershire. Return chicken to pan. Turn to coat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, turning chicken occasionally, until springy when pressed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Tomorrow's lunch: This chicken is great on a crusty bun with mayonnaise, romaine and sliced tomatoes or even avocado.
This had great flavor and was very simple to make.
This chicken really takes on the flavour -- fantastic!