Recipe by breezermom
This is very similar to other broccoli salads I found on Zaar, but I couldn't find one just like it. This is from the Birmingham Museum of Art's cookbook, Culinary Masterpieces. (Birmingham, AL)
Top Review by Susie D
This tasted wonderful. I especially enjoyed the addition of raisins & the balsamic/ curry dressing. The dressing made it different than other broccoli salads I've tried. It was best served fresh so next time I might add the dressing to just enough of the veggies for a single meal. The addition of other veggies (red peppers, carrots, purple onion?) might create a more colorful dish for a potluck or gathering, but the taste is great as is. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 cup warm water
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces (you can decrease this amount to 4 cups)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the raisins and warm water in a small bowl, and let stand 5 minutes; drain. Combine the raisins, broccoli, bacon, celery, and sunflower kernels in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, and curry powder in a small bowl; wisk together. Spoon dressing mixture over the broccolie mixture; toss gently. Serve immediately.