Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from a local Church recipe book called "Heavenly Delights." It was submitted by Anna Mc Allister who is known to be a great cook. She noted that for best results, make sure the potatoes are still warm when making the pie. Try it and I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed white potatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 4 egg whites
- 1 uncooked 9 inch pie shell
- Mix all ingredients, except egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Gently fold into rest of ingredients.
- Pour into a 9-inch pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees until knife comes out clean. (About 35 minutes).