Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Best of the Best from America Cookbook by Gwen McKee & Barbara Moslely, c. 2005.
- 6 filet mignon steaks, 1 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 shallots, minced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 4 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces brandy
- Pound steaks to 1/2 inch thick. Melt butter and oil in saute pan on medium-high heat, but do not burn butter. Add steaks and brown on one side until blood comes on top; then turn and cook for one more minute longer (will be rare). You may cook for one more minute if you want medium rare, but do not overcook because they can dry out.
- SAUCE: Melt butter in saucepan and add shallots, mushrooms, chives, and parsley. When shallots soften, add Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Now add Sauce to meat and simmer 2 minutes. Add brandy and touch with lighted match.