1/3 Photos of Delaware Farmers' Breakfast
I need to use up some potatoes and already cooked bacon, and I found this recipe in 1990 Hometown Collection America's Best Recipes. It is from Charlotte Givens and was originally in The Delaware Heritage Cookbook. The recipe didn't look that exciting to me, but it I was pleasantly surprised at how yummy it was! I let the potatoes cook in the pan and didn't cook them in advance. I threw in some red onion (more like a cup--not 2 tablespoons) and green and yellow peppers for color/flavor (probably a cup as well). I used a cup of cheddar cheese and threw the bacon in right before I melted the cheese. It's probably the bacon grease that makes it so tasty. This hit the spot!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp.
- 2Drain reserving 3 tablespoons dripping in skillet. Set bacon aside.
- 3Saute potatoes, pepper, and onion in drippings until potatoes are browned.
- 4Sprinkle cheese over potatoes and stir until cheese melts.
- 5Pour beaten eggs over potatoes and cook over low heat until eggs are set.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Top with reserved bacon.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delaware Farmers' Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.2
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 236.8 mg
- Sodium 320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 12.8 g