Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I made this pie, originally mistaking it with a Southern Pecan Pie recipe. Thinking it an odd way to make a peach pie I followed what I thought was a recipe for Southern "Peach" Pie. I didn't catch my error until after my sister "Delana" declared my Peach Pie the best she's ever eaten and wanted the recipe. That is when I caught my mistake. I went back to write the recipe down for her and immediately relalized why I thought this was a strange way to make peach pie. HA HA! We've laughed about it ever since and my sister still declares this her favorite "Southern Peach Pie".
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- 1 (29 ounce) can peaches, halves
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine sugar, butter and syrup.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Pour filling into pie shell.
- Lay peach into pie, cut side down.
- Bake for about 45 minutes til center barely "jiggles".
- Cool and enjoy.