Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Father and Mother owned the 49th Street Del Rancho in Oklahoma City, and this is their all-time, "world famous" dressing. Use it on salads, dips for veggies, deep-fried mushrooms, whatever!
- 2 cups mayonnaise (do not substitute)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (to start; then add to your taste)
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Thin mixture with a little milk to desired consistency.
- *Remember,if you don't use all within a day or two, the longer the dressing sets, the stronger the garlic tastes.
This dressing was very good. My daughter even put it on her hoagies.
For such a simple and quick to put together dressing, this was surprisingly tasty. I doubled the garlic powder. I'll definitely put this in my repertoire.
5 Stars from my wife who was born and raised in OKC. She would get Chicken Fried Steaks there and put on this dressing (along with the salad!). She says it tastes just like Del Rancho's Garlic Dressing. Thanks for posting!