Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Smaller crab cakes would be a delicious appetizer. Originally posted by BLNoto on RawDog Recipe Site www.allabout.com
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 1 ounce bread, diced into small cubes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (use a good quality, such as Hellmans)
- Place crab meat onto sheet pan and spread evenly.
- Place sheet under broiler for approximately 2 minutes; remove.
- Change oven setting to bake and set to 350°F.
- Remove all shells from crab meat.
- Saute celery, onions and red pepper in a large saucepan for approximately 2 minutes.
- Place sauteed vegetables on sheet pan and refrigerate about ten minutes.
- Slice basil into julienne strips.
- Place crab meat, bread cubes, basil and sauteed vegetables in a large bowl and mix gently.
- Fold in mayonnaise.
- Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Measure four ounce portions onto pan.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with sauce of your choice (Cajun style sauce would be delicious, but whatever you like best is appropriate).