Recipe is based on how I cooked fried rice in my restaurant.
Make and share this Dejah's Fried Rice recipe from Food.com.
- Fry the egg, like a pancake.
- When cooled, dice; set aside.
- Heat up the wok with the vegetable oil.
- When a light haze forms over the oil, sprinkle the salt over the entire wok surface.
- Carefully add the onions and diced meat.
- Stir-fry for a minute.
- If using green onions, leave them out in this step.
- Add the cooled rice, mixing well, turning the rice over continually until all is heated through.
- Sprinkle soya sauce over the rice--mixing until the rice is all the same desired colour.
- Not too much soya as it is salty, and you don't want it black!
- Toss in cut up pre-cooked egg.
- Top with green onions.
- Options: Add mushrooms, peas, blanched diced carrots in step #2.
- For authentic Chinese version, using raw eggs, After frying the onions, meat, etc in step #2, break 2 raw eggs into the mixture, stir-frying until eggs are broken up and cooked.
- Then proceed to step #3.
- Add 2 tbsp curry powder in step #2 to spice it up!
- If using fresh uncooked meat, cook the meat in the hot oil in step #2 before adding the onions.
- The amount of veg and meat given is just a guideline.
- Adjust according to your taste.