Recipe by * Pamela *
I cut this recipe out from a "Woman's World" magazine. It is a great recipe that is supposed to be All My Children's Deidre Hall's favourite.
Top Review by OhMyCurlz
Wow. Why has this recipe not gotten more reviews? It's truly a hidden gem and will leave the local bakery envious! This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have EVER made. They look perfect and take just as good as they look. Thank you SO much for this recipe. I took the advice of others and used 4 1/2 cups of flour and also added 1 tsp of vanilla extract for flavoring. I took the cookies out 2 minutes ahead of the recommended time and the cookies were a beautiful brown shade (not burnt at all) on the bottoms and just beautiful on the top. These cookies were soft in the middle with a slightly crunchy outer crust JUST like we like them. My kids thoroughly enjoyed this recipe and I will def make this a family staple. If you are looking for a perfect cookie recipe..look NO further. Highly, highly recommend.
- 4 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, at room temp (not melted!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl; beat sugars and butter until smooth.
- Beat in oil, milk, vanilla, and egg until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar and beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Roll into golf ball-sized balls, flatten slightly, and place 2-inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until slightly browned on top.